Jocelyn Vare Announces Open-door Policy to Improve Communication Between Fishers City Council and Residents
Newly elected Democratic Councilor will represent residents’ voices in decision-making process
FISHERS, Ind., December 16, 2019 – Newly elected Fishers City Council At-Large member Jocelyn Vare today announced an open-door communication policy in an effort to improve communication between Fishers City Council and residents. Vare plans to best represent all Fishers residents on the City Council by inviting more community voices to the decision-making process. As she prepares to take office on January 1, Jocelyn has announced several ways for Fishers residents to share concerns, questions and ideas for the city with her. Vare’s efforts include the continuation of her Listen to Fishers hotline where residents can leave messages, an email newsletter and regular office hours at Launch Fishers.
“My campaign was rooted in the belief that all residents should be informed and their voices should be heard,” said Jocelyn. “Until now, the City Council and its activities have been, to a great degree, an unknown for Fishers residents. My intention is to open new and more efficient lines of communication so that residents will feel more connected to their city government and feel welcome to participate.”
- Listen to Fishers Hotline – First established during her campaign, Jocelyn’s Listen to Fishers hotline allows residents to leave a confidential voicemail. Residents who would like to share an idea or concern with her are encouraged to call (888) 518-7117.
- Monthly Email Newsletter – Jocelyn will share information with residents through a monthly email newsletter, which will feature a schedule of upcoming City Council meetings, public hearings and other events, as well information about important issues affecting the community and ways to participate as a resident. To register for the newsletter, please visit jocelynvareforfishers.com or send an email to email@example.com.
- Office Hours – Effective January 29, 2020, Jocelyn will keep office hours at Launch Fishers every Wednesday morning from 7:45am – 10:45am. Residents are encouraged to stop by for coffee and discuss any questions, concerns and/or ideas for the community. Launch Fishers is located at 12175 Visionary Way, behind SuperTarget.
- Monthly Media Update – Each month, Jocelyn will issue an update to the media that reaches Fishers residents, which will summarize Fishers City Council activity for the previous month, highlight upcoming votes and overview issues on which she is working with residents.
- Quarterly Ask Me Anything (AMA) Events – Beginning this winter, Jocelyn will host quarterly Ask Me Anything events via Facebook Live to offer residents the opportunity to ask questions, express concerns and share ideas. Dates and times for AMA events will be posted on Jocelyn’s Facebook page and website.
Additional details about the aforementioned communication initiatives will follow in the coming days and weeks.
About Jocelyn Vare
To learn more about Jocelyn Vare, visit www.JocelynVareForFishers.com or www.facebook.com/JocelynVareForFishers. To ask Jocelyn a question, call (888) 518-7117 to leave a message anytime or email firstname.lastname@example.org any time after January 1, 2020.